Premium Re-dried YPT EE Decking
Yellow Pine Treated is known for being an economical choice that holds up very well to the exterior elements. Yellow pine treated boards are ideal for exterior projects like playground equipment, decking, fencing, exterior furniture and rose arbors to name just a few. Our treated boards come from Cox Industries and are treated with Wolman® disbursed copper azole. This is a non-arsenic treatment that protects against both termites and fungal decay. The disbursed copper azole treatment is not as corrosive to hardware, but a coated or hot-dipped galvanized hardware is recommended for exterior use. This wood has an initial greenish tent, but will age to a honey brown color which can last for an extended period before slowly fading to gray.
The Premium re-dried decking are for customers wanting the very best. The Premium grade is typically free of knots or an occasional pin knot on one face with occasional small knots on the other face and sometimes edges. These boards are eased edged for rounded edges and are ideal for decking and fencing.
Our Decking boards are above-ground treated, meant to be used above ground and has less treatment than a ground contact boards.
These boards are re-dried after being treated, KDAT – Kiln Dried After Treatment. This step to re-dry the boards after treatment:
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.
5/4x6 (actual 1” x 5-1/2”) in 8’, 10’, 12’, 14, and 16’ lengths
(18’ and 20’ boards are available as a special order)
DECK PACKAGE – We provide discounted tier pricing on all treated lumber orders 50+, 100+, 250+ and 500+ boards. This is a family pack, meaning the treated boards can be of various sizes and lengths to qualify for this discounted pricing.