Our 2×2 KDAT Culpeper lumber is a Select grade. This is a fairly clear board that allows for small to medium tight knots. It is sold by the board in 8′ and 12′ lengths. Boards are S4S where both sides and edges are planed smooth. Actual board dimension is 1-1/2″ thick by 1-1/2″ wide.
Some boards have been set aside and put on CLEARANCE. There is a LIMITED SUPPLY of these older boards priced at 60% OFF our Retail Price.
The Select re-dried boards are for customers wanting the very best. The select grade allows for occasional small knots. These boards are eased edged for rounded edges.
Our Select boards are below-ground treated, providing extra protection for your project. These boards can be used above-ground, at ground contact or below ground.
These boards are re-dried after being treated, KDAT – Kiln Dried After Treatment down to a 19% moisture rate.
This step to re-dry the boards after treatment:
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.
TIER DECK PACKAGE – We provide discounted tier pricing on all treated lumber orders starting at 50+ boards. This is a family pack, meaning the treated boards can be of various sizes and lengths to qualify for this discounted pricing.