These 2×4 KDAT Culpeper lumber boards are a Premier grade, a step up from the Select #1 grade. This board has tighter growth rings for more stability and strength over the select #1 grade. It also has smaller and less knots for a more finished face. Boards are S4S where both sides and edges are planed smooth. This is an ideal board for handrails and to be used where higher quality and finished appearance is needed. We presently have 8′ and 16′ lengths. Soon to have 10′, 12′ and 14′ in these boards. Actual board dimension is 1-1/2″ thick by 3-1/2″ wide.
The PREMIER re-dried boards are for customers wanting a higher quality boards with more stability.
Our Premier boards are below-ground treated, providing extra protection for your project. These boards can be used above-ground, at ground contact or below ground.
These boards are re-dried after being treated, KDAT – Kiln Dried After Treatment down to a 19% moisture rate.
This step to re-dry the boards after treatment:
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.
TIER DECK PACKAGE – We provide discounted tier pricing on all treated lumber orders starting at 50+ boards. This is a family pack, meaning the treated boards can be of various sizes and lengths to qualify for this discounted pricing.