ACCOYA Handrail available unplowed or in two different plows. Choose a plow available for a 1-1/2″ wide baluster or 2-1/2″ wide baluster. Handrail measures a full 1-3/4″ thick by 3-1/2″ wide.
Eco-Friendly Radiata Pine processed through Acetylation or Acetic Anhydride. The cell structure of the pine is changed to prevent absorption of water and increase dimensional stability.
This is high-end low-maintenance handrail for the environmentally conscious consumer. This handrail is designed to be left bare with no maintenance needed AND a 25/50-year life against rot, shrinking or swelling*! It will weather to a nice weathered gray. If you prefer to stain the handrail for color a water-based stain with a mildewcide is needed. We recommend our TWP WS-Series.
This Accoya wood offers:
– No visible shrinkage or swelling,
– No Twisting or cupping,
– No need to seal or stain, unless desired,
– 50-Year Warranty against rot and movement*,
– Real Sustainable Wood source with a low carbon footprint,
– Non-toxic, safe for people, pets and the planet.
Accredited by the FSC® and the only construction material in the world to achieve a ‘Cradle to Cradle’ Platinum certification™ for Material Health. In stock now.
Sold by the linear foot in 6′ and 8′ sections.
Recommended to be left bare with no stain or sealer applied. Wood will weather to a weathered gray appearance over time. If staining is preferred, need to use an exterior grade water-based stain/sealer with a mildewcide, like TWP WS Series.
Guidelines on installation:
- Must use Stainless Steel hardware.
- If using against treated lumber, will need to apply a plastic barrier between Accoya and the treated lumber to eliminate the woods from touching. A self-adhesive deck wrap works nicely.
- If needing to use an adhesive on this wood, must use a polyurethane glue or a two-part apoxy glue in an exterior application. A regular wood glue will not work well on Accoya.
The manufacturer offers a 50 Year warranty on all wood structures at least 8″ above grade (above ground level or above solid structural level). For all wood structures at ground level up to 8″ above grade, the warranty is reduced to 25 years.