Add beauty and extend the life of your shutters by adding our heavy duty Shutter Copper Cap. Wooden shutters sometimes have an is due to moisture getting into the joints. This copper cap will protect your shutters for years to come!
- * Made with a solid heavy duty copper.
- * Fits all wooden shutters from 1″ to 1-1/8″ thick.
- * 1/4″ lip on front and back of shutter.
- * rounded radius corners to allow rain to flow away from top of shutter.
Sold on our online store TotalWoodStore.com.
Copper Cap to Use with Shutters on this site
- Louvered Shutter: Use 1″ to 1-1/16″ size
- 2 Raised Panel Shutter: Use 1″ to 1-1/16″ size
- 3 Raised Panel Shutter: Use 1″ to 1-1/16″ size
- Classic Heavy Duty Louvered: Use 1-1/8″ size
Copper will patina to a natural blue-green shade. Can spray exterior clear lacquer to copper top to slow down the natural patina process of the copper.
Installation of copper top: Make sure copper top and shutter are dry and there is no loose paint chips on shutter. Shutter should be primed and painted with an exterior grade product. Add clear exterior silicone caulk to under side of copper top and set on top of shutter.