This porch flooring has been treated with an EPA registered pesticide containing pentachlorophenol to protect from insect attack and decay. This flooring should only be used in a covered exterior location. This flooring is available in a C&Better graded Yellow Pine. The flooring has a flat front face and a recessed back. This flooring measures 3/4” thick and is available in a 3-3/16” width face.
Flooring comes 8’, 10’, 12’, and 14’ lengths.
Tips for the best Penta Flooring installation:
- Must be a covered porch or covered area,
- Use exterior grade fasteners,
- No sub-floor such as plywood should be used,
- Allow proper acclimation of flooring prior to installing,
- No installation on wet floor joists,
- Make sure there is always good air flow under porch and adequate ventilation,
- Proper slope of the porch for moisture to run away from house,
- Use exterior grade oil-based primer on all 6 sides of boards before installing,
- Top coat with an exterior grade oil-based paint.
Precautions should be taken both when handling the treated wood and in determining where to use and dispose of the treated wood. Please inquire at the counter for a sheet on the site and handling precautions when using this material.