Our 1×4 KDAT Treated Lumber is a D&Better grade. The D&Better grade means that one side should be fairly clear with only an occasional small or pin knot. This lumber is re-dried down to a 19% moisture rate, ready to be stained or primed. Sold by the board in 8′, 10′, 12′ and 16′ lengths. Boards are an S4S where both sides and edges are planed smooth. Actual board dimension is 3/4″ thick by 3-1/2″ wide.
The D&Better re-dried boards are for customers wanting the very best. The D&Better grade is usually a clear stock on one face, but does allow for an occasional pin knot or small blemish.
Our D&Better boards are below-ground treated, providing extra protection on your project.
These boards are re-dried after being treated, KDAT – Kiln Dried After Treatment down to a 19% moisture rate.
This step to re-dry the boards after treatment:
- Allows Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.