Our 1×6 KDAT Culpeper lumber is a D&Better grade. The D&Better grade means that one side should be fairly clear with only an occasional small or pin knot. This lumber is redried down to a 19% moisture rate. It is sold by the board in 8′, 10′, 12′ and 16′ lengths. Boards are S4S where both sides and edges are planed smooth. The actual board dimension is 3/4″ thick by 5-1/2″ wide.
Some boards have been set aside and put on CLEARANCE. There is a LIMITED SUPPLY of these older boards priced at 60% OFF our Retail Price.
The D&Better re-dried boards are for customers wanting the very best. The D&Better grade is usually a clear stock on one face, but does allow for an occasional pin knot or small blemish.
Our D&Better boards are below-ground treated, providing extra protection on your project.
These boards are re-dried after being treated, KDAT – Kiln Dried After Treatment down to a 19% moisture rate.
This step to re-dry the boards after treatment:
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.
TIER DECK PACKAGE – We provide discounted tier pricing on all treated lumber orders starting at 50+ boards. This is a family pack, meaning the treated boards can be of various sizes and lengths to qualify for this discounted pricing.