1×8 KDAT Treated Lumber is a D&Better grade. The D&Better grade means that one side should be fairly clear with only an occasional small or pin knot. This lumber is redried down to a 19% moisture rate. It is sold by the board in 10′, 12′ and 16′ lengths. Boards are S4S where both sides and edges are planed smooth. Actual board dimension is 3/4″ thick by 7-1/4″ wide.
Some boards have been set aside and put on CLEARANCE. There is a LIMITED SUPPLY of these older boards priced at 60% OFF our Retail Price.
The D&Better re-dried boards are for customers wanting the very best. The D&Better grade is usually a clear stock on one face, but does allow for an occasional pin knot or small blemish.
Our D&Better boards are below-ground treated, providing extra protection on your project.
These boards are re-dried after being treated, KDAT – Kiln Dried After Treatment down to a 19% moisture rate.
This step to re-dry the boards after treatment:
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.
TIER DECK PACKAGE – We provide discounted tier pricing on all treated lumber orders starting at 50+ boards. This is a family pack, meaning the treated boards can be of various sizes and lengths to qualify for this discounted pricing.