Our 2×12 GC KDAT Treated Lumber is a #1 grade and below-ground treated. This grade allows for up to medium knots, wane and other imperfections. There will be fewer knots and smaller in size than in the #2 grade. It is sold by the board in 10′, 12′ and 16′ lengths. Boards are S4S where both sides and edges are planed smooth. Actual board dimension is 1-1/2″ thick by 11-1/4″ wide. This board is often used for deck bands and stair stringers.
The #1 grade allows for wane and knots, and is a grade higher than the #2. The knots should be smaller and farther apart than the #2 grade.
These boards are below-ground treated with a more concentrated formula allowing boards to be used above ground, at ground level or below ground.
These boards are re-dried after being treated, KDAT – Kiln Dried After Treatment down to a 19% moisture rate.
This step to re-dry the boards after treatment:
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.
TIER DECK PACKAGE – We provide discounted tier pricing on all treated lumber orders starting at 50+ boards. This is a family pack, meaning the treated boards can be of various sizes and lengths to qualify for this discounted pricing.