Our 2×2 Culpeper Dry Treated Lumber is a Select grade and above-ground treated. This is a fairlyclear board that allows for small to medium tight knots. Boards are S4S where both sides and edges are planed smooth. Actual board dimension is 1-1/2″ thick by 1-1/2″ wide.
Sold by the 10 pack in 8′ lengths only.
2×2-8′ YPT Boards are sold by the 10 pack only. No returns are available on partial packs. When returning, pack must still have original strapping.
The Select re-dried boards are for customers wanting the very best. The select grade allows for occasional small knots. These boards are eased edged for rounded edges.
Our Select boards are above-ground treated. It is ideal to coat these boards with a wood preservative on all ends and surface area’s where the boards are being cut at jobsite. Allow one day for drying the wood preservative before coating with an exterior stain or exterior primer and paint.
These boards are re-dried after being treated, KDAT – Kiln Dried After Treatment down to a 19% moisture rate.
This step to re-dry the boards after treatment:
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.