2×4 Clear KDAT Treated Lumber is the top of the line for handrails, outside furniture and all of your outside lumber projects. These 2×4 KDAT Culpeper lumber boards have a Clear grade which means one side is clear and the other side can be clear or have a small pin knot. KDAT boards are Kiln-dried after treatment, allowing the boards to be dried to below a 19% moisture rate. Board has tighter growth rings for more stability and strength than other grades. Boards are S4S where both sides and edges are planed smooth. Available in 8′ and 12′ lengths. Actual board dimension is 1-1/2″ thick by 3-1/2″ wide.
The CLEAR re-dried boards are for customers wanting a nicer face and more stability for handrails and furniture.
These boards are below-ground treated, providing extra protection for your project. Boards can be used above-ground, at ground contact or below ground.
Re-dried after being treated, called KDAT, brings the moisture rate down to 19% for more strength and stability. Boards can be stained or primed and painted immediately.
Re-dried boards after treatment provides:
- No delay before staining or coating as the wood can be painted or coated immediately without waiting since it is already dry.
- Helps reduce cupping, twisting and warping by allowing the boards to dry and ultimately shrink in a controlled environment
- Greater nail and fastener holding power as the dry treated process allows the boards to hold tighter and stay tighter.
- Cleaner and lighter in weight since the drying process eliminates the moisture thus reducing the weight of the boards, making them lighter and easier to handle.
- Environmentally sound as the re-drying assures immediate and maximum preservation fixation within the wood, providing a safer, cleaner and environmentally sound product.
TIER DECK PACKAGE – We provide discounted tier pricing on all treated lumber orders starting at 50+ boards. This is a family pack, meaning the treated boards can be of various sizes and lengths to qualify for this discounted pricing.