Apitong Flooring for Truck Beds. Also known as Keruing Apitong, is harvested in southeast Asia area. This exotic hardwood has one of the best strength to weight wood ratio’s. Kiln-dried and cut to a shiplap profile which is the standard for medium duty flatbed and drop-deck trailers. Boards measure 1-1/8″ x 7-3/8″ with a 3/8″ lap on both edges. Sold by the linear foot.
JANKA HARDNESS SCALE: 1320
- Apitong shiplap has a 7″ wide surface face dimension.
- Sold by the linear foot in random lengths.
- Apitong is one of the best hardwoods for truck beds.
- Strength of 19,900 psi.
- Above-ground Exposure only.
- Typically withstands 7 to 15 years.
- Recommended to oil or put a hardwood finish on boards for longer life.
- Will darken with age.